Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Jesus Calling





Jesus is calling us always. Drawing us closer to God because really....we can't do much of anything without Him. Let's face it. If it weren't for Him, we wouldn't be here. Period.




MY dear friend Mary, gave me a sweet little daily devotional last Christmas called Jesus Calling. It was written by Sarah Young. It is in no form or fashion a substitute for the Word of God, but It has helped me to listen and hear my precious Jesus, calling me.




I just read and wanted to share what Sarah Young heard Jesus speak to her soul:


December 7




I AM WITH YOU IN ALL THAT YOU DO, even in the most menial task. I am always aware of you, concerned with every detail of your life. Nothing escapes My notice - not even the number of hairs on your head. However your awareness of My Presence falters and flickers; as a result, your life experience feels fragmented. When your focus is broad enough to include me in your thoughts, you feel safe and complete. When your preception narrows so that problems or details fill your consciousness, you feel empty and incomplete.




Learn to look steadily at Me in all of your moments and all your circumstances. Though the world is unstable and in flux, you can experience continuity through your uninterupted awareness of My Presence. Fix your gaze on what is unseen, even as the visiable world parades before your eyes.




Matthew 10:29-31; Hebrews 11:27; 2 Corinthians 4:18


__________________________________________



Lord, thank you for always being with me...never leaving or forsaking me. Thank you for loving me, for wanting me to fellowship with you. I love your Presence. I thrill in the joy of your Presence! Thank you for helping me to focus on you, and you alone. Open my the ears of my heart that I might hear your voice. I need you. I love you. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment